Artability 18th Annual Art Show: Creativity meets Advocacy

A work of art by Katie Kamrad, one of the artists on display at the 18th annual Artability art show.

This weekend offers a wonderful opportunity to familiarize yourself with some incredible local artists and support those living with mental illness. Artists such as Katie Kamrad, whose work is featured on the left, will have their work on display at this weekend’s 18th annual Artability Art Show and Sale.  The People Incorporated Artability program involves a summer-long series of art and writing workshops, culminating in a three-day show in the fall as a means of celebrating the creativity of people with mental illness and the contributions they make to society.

This year’s event will feature works in all different artistic mediums, from over 90 artists.  Artists who choose to sell their work at the show and receive 90% of the profits, with the remaining 10% going back to support the Artability program. Literary artists in the program have contributed their work to an anthology, which will be available for sale at the show. Hope you can make it out to help celebrate life, art and a strong, supportive community for us all.

Event Details:

Opening Reception
Thursday, September 27, 6:00 PM

Viewing Hours
Thursday, September 27, 6:00-9:00 PM
Friday, September 28, 2:00-8:00 PM
Saturday, September 29, 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM

Location
The Historic Mounds Theatre
1029 Hudson Road
St. Paul, MN 55106
Click here for a map

For More Information
651.227.6321 x42

Check out the website for more information about this event.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: